Perhaps the only thing more important than effect branding is Identifying a Target Audience. This is the only way to effectively grow your business. After all, no one, especially small businesses, can afford to target everyone. It is more cost-effective and more beneficial to direct your marketing campaign at a specific target market.
Tips for Identifying a Target Market
- Analyze your Current Customer Base: If you are not a new business, chances are that you have a current customer base. Are there any common characteristics, interests, traits, demographic, etc.?
- Look at your Competition: What are similar businesses in your industry doing? Who are they targeting?
- Who could benefit from your Product/Service: What are the benefits of your product/service? Now, who would benefit from those benefits?
- Target a Key Demographic: Based on your findings from the above steps, target in on a specific demographic. Are there enough people in the target audience to make this decision financially beneficial?
- The Psychographics of Your Target: What features of your product/service are most appealing to your key demographic? What media outlet would be best suited to reach out to this demographic?
- Frequent Evaluation: This is not the end of the marketing road. Be sure to reexamine your decision every few months. How effective has your marketing been?
Trust The Marketing Showcase, a Washington DC Marketing Firm
At The Marketing Showcase, our marketing and branding services concentrate on the strategic elements first. We never operate without a plan and our plans are always designed to target specific goals aligned to your long-term marketing goals.
If you have any questions, please contact The Marketing Showcase by calling 202.329.3199 or visit TheMarketingShowcase.com today!
The branding professionalsâ€¦we run with your vision!
- Make Better Use of Facts About Your Customers Business Week